Student Registration: A student has to be registered after admission as per BN&MC and University rules and regulation.
Eligibility criteria for admission: The applicant who meet the following criteria will be eligible to enter into the Post Basic B.Sc in Nursing program.
- The candidate must have passed Diploma in Nursing, Diploma in Midwifery/ Orthopaedics of Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery any educational institute approved/ affiliated by Bangladesh Nursing & Midwifery Council.
- Staff registration must be updated by Bangladesh Nursing & Midwifery Council.
- Graduate of the Diploma in Nursing Science and Midwifery program with a transcript indicating GPA no less than 2.00.
- In case of government candidate, they should have at least 02 years job experience. on the other hand, job experience is relaxed for non-government candidate.
Admission procedures will be formulated and conducted by the concerned authority.
Total Courses and Credits:
- There are total 17 courses in Post Basic B.Sc. in Nursing, which are divided into 02 years.
- In each term there are 02 examinations which is conducted by affiliated university.
The overall course structure is designed for 44 weeks out of 52 weeks in a year, covering theoretical and practical sessions including revision and year final examination. Remaining 8 weeks is kept for leaves and extra-curricular activities.
Number of Courses
|Sl. No||Year Wise Subject Distribution for B.Sc.in
|Sl. No||Year Wise Subject Distribution for B.Sc.
Public Health Nursing
|Back Ground Science||Back Ground Science|
|Anatomy and Physiology||√||Anatomy and Physiology||√|
|2.||Microbiology and Pathology||√||2.||Microbiology Pathology||√|
|3.||Study Skills||√||3.||Study Skills||√|
|Advanced Clinical Care||Advanced Clinical Care|
|1.||Comprehensive Nursing and Pathophysiology||√||√||1.||Community Health Nursing||√||√|
|2||Nutrition , Nutritional Assessment and Biochemistry||√||2.||Nutrition, Nutritional Assessment and Biochemistry||√|
|4.||Reproductive Health||√||4.||Reproductive Health||√|
|5.||Mental Health and Psychiatric Nursing||√||5.||Mental Health and
|Education &Training||Education &Training|
|6.||Behavioral Science||√||6.||Behavioral Science||√||√|
|7.||Nursing Education and Curriculum Development||√||√||7.||Nursing Education and Curriculum Development||√|
|√||8.||Health Education and Communication Skills||√|
|Administration & Management||Administration & Management|
|9.||Nursing Administration and Management||√||√||9.||Nursing Administration and Management||√||√|
|10.||Nursing Research and Evidence based Nursing||√||√||10.||Nursing Research and Evidence based Nursing||√||√|
|Number of Subjects||10||07||Number of Subjects||10||07|